1. EMERGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE: In case you run out of gas or your battery goes out on you, we will have gas or a battery delivered to you. We pay for the delivery, you pay for the gas or battery.
2. EMERGENCY TOWING SERVICE: If you break down on the road that prevents you from proceeding, we will have you picked up with the right equipment and taken to the nearest motorcycle repair facility. MTS will cover the tow according to which plan you chose.
3. REGISTERED KEY TAG: You receive a registered key tag with your membership kit and if you lose your keys and if they are returned to us, we in turn will send them to you.
4. KEY NUMBER REGISTRATION: You can register your ignition key number with us and in case you lose your key, you can call us for the number and the locksmith can make a key from that number.
5. LOST KEY REIMBURSEMENT: If you need a key replaced we will reimburse you up to $25.00.
6. DISCOUNTS AT MAJOR MOTELS AND CAR RENTALS. (Days Inn and Avis Rentals)
7. TRIP ROUTING SERVICE: If you are traveling more that 300 miles, you can call the office and request a computerized trip routing.
8. EMERGENCY SERVICE PLAN (Optional) You can purchase the ESP for your bike and if you are more than 100 miles from your home and your MTS tow is due to the failure of a tire, fuel pump, or battery or cables, MTS will pay for the cost of that replacement part.
9. SHIPPING: As an MTS member, you can have your motorcycle transported by a company that specializes in shipping of motorcycles at a special discounted price.
1. EMERGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE:
- Mechanical First Aid: If the vehicle is disabled due to mechanical failure, service will consist of minor mechanical adjustments that may be possible at the scene of disablement in order to place the vehicle in a safe, operable condition. Needed parts and labor are at the member's expense.
- Emergency Towing: If an eligible vehicle becomes disabled and cannot be started or put in a safe, drivable condition, MTS will provide one tow (or winching) per disablement. Towing is provided without charge to the member when the disabled vehicle is to be towed to the operating location of the Official Service Unit rendering the tow or to an open automobile repair facility of the member's choice within 5 miles of the servicing unit's operating location. Towing to a destination beyond 5 miles is not covered under the membership, maybe subject to delay, and must be paid for by the member at the time of the tow. Member must accompany the mechanically disabled vehicles that are to be towed to a residence or closed repair facility. (MTS does not guarantee the availability of repairs.) MTS does not cover the cost of storage.
- Battery Service: If a battery failure occurs, a jump start will be applied to start the vehicle to place it in an operable condition. Members are advised to proceed immediately to a place of repair where the battery may be tested, recharged, or replaced. Battery recharging, testing, or replacement is at member's expense.
- Tire Change: Service assistance will be provided to remove a flat or damaged tire and replace it with an inflated spare. If there is no inflated spare or there is more than one flat tire, the vehicle will be towed in accordance with the provisions under "Towing." Tire repair and installation and removal of tire chains are at member's expense. Trailers up to 21 feet, while in tow, are eligible for tire change only when an inflated spare is available.
- Emergency Fuel and Water Delivery: An emergency supply of gasoline, oil, and water when readily obtainable, will be delivered to a member in immediate need. Supplies are to be paid by member at prevailing pump prices. If emergency supplies are not readily available, member's vehicle will be towed in accordance with the provisions under "Towing."
- Lockout Service: Lockout service is rendered when the ignition key is locked inside the passenger compartment. Service is provided by the nearest Official Service Unit using conventional tools to open the passenger compartment door. If the service operator is unable to gain entry, the vehicle may be towed to a locksmith within our "Towing" provisions. The cost of a professional locksmith service is not covered under the membership.
2. TRIP ROUTING SERVICE:
MTS will provide updated mapping and supporting information to bring you clearly marked maps, city maps, written driving directions, distances and mileages, estimated driving times, points of interest, and road condition phone numbers covering your local or long distance travel getaways. The trip routing service is free to MTS members. This service is available for destinations within the U.S. including Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada. Your trip routing request must reach us no later than 30 days prior to your departure. You need to provide us with your starting point, final destination and a maximum of 10 intermediate stops. Make your request for this service by calling our customer service at 800-999-7064.
3. MOTEL AND CAR RENTAL DISCOUNTS:
MTS has arranged discounts for members with the following motel chains and car rental companies. DO NOT USE YOUR MTS MEMBERSHIP #_ _ USE THE INFORMATION ON THE BACK OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD WHICH LISTS THE FOLLOWING:
Days Inn, Comfort Inns, Quality Inns, Clarion Hotels, Friendship Inns, Econo Lodges, Roadway Inns, National Car Rental and Avis Car Rental.
4. TRIP INTERRUPTION REIMBURSEMENT:
If you are involved in an accident or collision which results in your vehicle being disabled so that it cannot be safely driven under its own power, MTS will reimburse you up to $250.00 for expenses incurred subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The accident occurred a minimum of 100 miles from your place of residence, and the accident has been reported in writing to local or state police.
- MTS will reimburse up to $250 for any of the following expenses incurring within 72 hours of the time of the accident: commercial transportation, (i.e. plane, train, or bus) or rental car to your residence; local commercial lodging and meals. Regardless of the amount of expenses you incur, the maximum reimbursement per accident will not exceed $250.
- To obtain reimbursement, you must submit to MTS, within 30 days of the accident, all paid receipts, validated by the businesses providing you with lodging, meals or transportation, a copy of the accident report you filed with the police and any subsequent verification records. All such documents must be original or certified (notarized) copies thereof.
- This benefit does not, and is not intended to replace automobile liability and personal insurance for you. As such, all claims must be first submitted to your insurance company for reimbursement. Those items under Emergency Travel Expense not covered by your automobile insurance may then be submitted to MTS accompanied by a letter of denial from the insurance company and all other documents as previously described.
- Benefits are not applicable if the accident is due to war, insurrection, riot, etc.
- All claims must be submitted to MTS within 30 days of the accident. Claims received after that time period may not be honored and all claims are subject to the full discretion of MTS.
Back to top